2008年12月9日火曜日

New Zealanders do not open umbrellas!? Part 2

I found other information about customs. They were interesting for me. So I’ll introduce them, first.

It is not late!?
In Japan, trains and bus are on time. But New Zealanders are easy going people. So if a bus arrives on time in New Zealand, in fact, it may be a previous bus. They think that it is not lateness up to 30 minutes late.
On the other hand, they are exactly close shops and finish their work, and go home.

A rule in bathroom…
When you do not a bathroom in New Zealand, you have to leave the door opened. If the door was closed, they consider that someone use it. So they do not need to fix key to the door. Most bathrooms in New Zealand are not fixed keys.


This is my manuscript of pesentation.


"Hi! I'm Natsue. I will introduce umbrellas in New Zealand.
When it rains in Japan, it is ordinary for Japanese people to open umbrellas not to get wet. But New Zealanders do not walk with an umbrella up when it rains. You hardly see people who put an umbrella in New Zealand.
Why do not New Zealanders use umbrellas? It is because of how it rain there. In New Zealand, it rains in short time not for all day like japans. It never rains a long time in New Zealand and is like showers. So they do not want to take trouble to have umbrellas.



If they put umbrellas, they open umbrellas like big parasol. But I think it shows New Zealanders spend free lives. It is opposite to Japan. Japanese are pressed for times. That difference might cause because of the difference about how to spend the time. "


2 件のコメント:

ayaka さんのコメント...

I will study in NZ, so your blog is usefull for me.Thank you for research about this. I agree you that New Zeakanders do not press time like Japnese.

moyon さんのコメント...

I was very surprised when I read this information. I thought New Zealanders are very free, too. It's very good for us to experience to spend the time like there.