2008年11月27日木曜日

New Zealanders do not open umbrellas!?



New Zealanders do not walk with an umbrella up when it rains. You hardly see people who put an umbrella in New Zealand.
It is because of how to rain there. In New Zealand, it rains in short time not for all day like japans. It never rains for a long time in New Zealand and is like showers. So they do not want to take trouble to have umbrellas.

It would be a little rain soon.
It is fine to wait until it stops.
If I get wet because of rains, it would dry soon.
Those are their thought about rains.

If they put umbrellas, they open umbrellas like big parasol. It is an extreme.
But I think it shows New Zealanders spend free lives. It is opposite to Japan.

1 件のコメント:

mayuko さんのコメント...

I was surprised to read that! This differs far from Japanese style. However if I went to New Zealand and it rained, I would open my umbrella!